Monday, March 19, 2012

Installing Toad for DB2 64 bit while DB2 32 bit client exists

I had to install both 32 bit and 64 bit from DB2 runtime client, I needed to install Toad while I have these clients
Trying to install the Toad 32 bit or the 64 bit, both was giving an error that I can’t install Toad while there is different OS DB2 client existing, so I was stuck.
image
The Toad for DB2 installer has detected an existing 64-bit DB2 envirnoment on your computer. This installation for DB2 includes a 32-bit DB2 client. However, DB2 does not allow both 32-bit and 64-bit DB2 environments to exist on the same computer.
I thought of trying something, it is naïve but it worked Smile, I opened registry, looked for the keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM
Just renamed the IBM in each key to something else, just removed the last M, to be IB
After that I started the 64 bit Toad setup, and it passed the check for any installed IBM software, after the check was passed, I returned the keys back as it was, just in case the Toad setup is going to write anything to the same Key.
Of course there is another more safe option, to uninstall the DB2 clients, and install Toad, then installing back the clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment