Sunday, March 25, 2012

error while importing DB in mysql

I upgraded my local testlink mysql server to 5.5.20, and I was trying to import testlink DB to the new version, I was facing an error

error:

#1100 - Table 'pma_column_info' was not locked with LOCK TABLES

I tried to look for solution for it online, found some people suggesting commenting the following line in PhpMyAdmin config file

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = 'phpmyadmin';

tried this, but the import process with giving this time different error

#1146 - Table 'testlink.pma_tracking' doesn't exist

I tried commenting all Advanced phpMyAdmin features, still the import wasn’t working, with different error this time

I read in some forums that I need to install DB create script for advanced features located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.9\modules\phpmyadmin\scripts\create_tables.sql

still I was having errors while importing

I noticed in PhpMyConfig file that there are 2 lines for advanced features user name and password, and the lines were commented, I uncommented these 2 lines, uncommented the advanced features configuration, set the user name and password for the root user, saved the config file, then tried to import, worked perfect

/* User for advanced features */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'password';