Sunday, January 29, 2012

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

I was facing the above error when I was trying to connect to a shared folder, googled it a lot, with no luck, as there are lots of results but are not related. I was able to access this resource before and then suddenly I was receiving this error

“Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again”

until I found this post here http://travisepperson.blogspot.com/2007/01/windows-network-folder-specified-is.html

I tried the solution in and it worked

I opened command prompt “cmd”

I entered “net use” command, a list was displayed for me, one of them was on the same server of the shared resource I am trying to access

I entered “net use /delete [resource name]”

image

Then I was able to access the resource normally

No comments:

Post a Comment